Saturday, March 08, 2008

Don't Forget To Spring Ahead Tonight !


At 2am in the morning, Daylight Savings Time starts. I have to admit that I’m none too happy about loosing an hour of sleep when time is so precious. Yeah, I know about the supposed energy savings but around here, it means nothing. Energy cost just keeps going up each and every year regardless. So I don’t know where the real energy savings is.


When I was a kid, I remember how many folks would show up for church an hour late - because they forget to set their clocks ahead. It was especially entertaining when DST happened to take place on Easter Sunday. Now that I’m older, it isn’t nearly as funny. So this is a friendly reminder to set your clocks ahead an hour before you go to bed and remember to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.

No comments: