Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is your family safe?

Can you put a price tag on your family? It has been on my mind to get a Carbon Monoxide Detector for my home for sometime now. I hear and read time and time again about how families die because, their home was not detected for Carbon Monoxide. Tonight I finally decided to put my mind at ease and protect my family by buying a simple to use : Kiddie Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Alarm, w/ Plug-In with 9Volt Battery backup, and digital display.

This item not only detects Carbon Monoxide but, also checks for gas leaks in the house. The cost was about $45.00 plus tax but, like I stated before: Can you put a price tag on your family? Now I can rest assured that my family will be safe from gases and Carbon Monoxide.

If you don't know much about Carbon Monoxide let me tell you just a few things: Carbon monoxide, with the chemical formula CO, is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas. It is the most common type of fatal poisoning in many countries. Exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system and heart. Domestic carbon monoxide poisoning can be prevented by the use of household Carbon Monoxide Detectors such as the one I plugged in this blog. So be safe and keep yourself and family protected. The average household only needs one Detector.


No comments: