Saturday, July 29, 2006

Grandma's Favorite Pastime

July6,1929 - June 11, 2001

Josephine Viola Veld my grandmother(bestfriend) was a Detroit Tiger Fanatic. I remember watching the Tigers back in the 1980's with her back on the farm. We would be sitting in the living room with a Diet Coke and popcorn watching them Tigers play on their ancient console T.V. Do you remember them Detroit Tigers from the 80's? I remember them Tigers winning the World Series back in 1984 with players: Darrell Evans 1b, Lou Whitaker 2b, Tom Brookens 3b, Alan Trammell ss, Kirk Gibson rf, Chet Lemon cf, Larry Herndon lf, Lance Parrish c, Jack Morris pitcher, and Sparky Anderson -manager.

Now I look and see how well the Detroit Tigers are playing this season. It brings back alot of memories of watching them back in the 80's with my grandma. I hope this is the year for the Tigers to break out of their slump and make a run for the pennant. With a relatively new Ball Park (Comerica) and a talented group of young players this could be the year. So let's *ROOT* *ROOT* *ROOT* for the home team, if they don't win it's ashame. For it's ONE, TWO , THREE-STRIKES your out at the Ole Ball Game. GO DETROIT TIGERS.

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA ! ! ! !

Love,

Brian

No comments: