Friday, January 12, 2007

The New 24 Is Insane! Season SIX



My wife and I are absolute 24 Fans and we just finished up watching season 5 last night to prepare ourselves for the new season starting this Sunday Night. We have seen every season and they seem to keep getting better and better. I just found this article on Yahoo TV written :By Kristin Veitch. Now you can read what she has to say about the upcoming season.

Now, just to get everyone up to speed on what you can expect from 24 this season, here's my rundown of what you need to know:

1. Jack Bauer is hairy. Like, gross hairy. Like, I'm pretty sure small creatures are living inside that nappy beard of his. Twenty months of Chinese torture has not been kind to our heroic world-saver. J.B. is troubled, he's skittish, he's mute—and when he does open his mouth in the first episode, well, let's just say that there's a moment that is not for the weak of stomach. I'm wretching now just thinking about it! Blech!

2. Chloe is hot. So long, computer geek! Our girl Mary Lynn Rajskub is now a confoundingly coiffed, svelte seƱorita who is front and center in what appears (at least to moi) to be something of a love triangle! Love it.

3. Old friends will be back. "It's true. You haven't seen the last of Martha Logan," Jean Smart tells me. "But I haven't even read what I'm going to do yet." So it'll be a while before we see the Logans—yes, Martha's hubby the former prez (Gregory Itzin) will be back, too. As for Kim Raver (Audrey), she says only, "I might [be back]. Maybe. My commitment this year was to The Nine and now we are trying to figure that out. I am leaving that to the producers." (And as you'll soon see, Jack has not forgotten about her!)

4. New friends are coming, too. Chad Lowe has signed on to several episodes this season. He'll be playing a savvy politician named Reed Pollock. And Rena Sofer (she's everywhere, is she not?!) will step in, too. When asked which side her character will be, she says, "I'm tainted by bad, but I think I'm good. I play Paul McCrane's wife."

5. The end of the fourth episode will leave you speechless. Seriously. I can't even talk about it. It's that insane.

1 comment:

ponygirl615 said...

I love 24. It's such an intense show, I'm always on the edge of my seat. Jack and Chloe are great. I'm still sad that Tony died last year, he was cool too. He was a Cubs fan.