Tuesday, January 30, 2007

JOHN VELD

March 11, 1925 - January 30, 2003


{This picture is 3 generations strong...... Grandpa Veld, Grandson Brian Cooper, & Great Grandson Bryce "JOHN" Cooper}

God took the strength of a mountain,

The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun,

The calm of a quiet sea.

The generous soul of nature,

The comforting arm of night.

The wisdom of the ages,

The power of the eagle's flight.

Then God combined these qualities,

There was nothing more to add.

His masterpiece was not complete,

He lovingly called it, Dad. (Or in my case Grand-Dad! !)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with your Mom, Brian. You are truly your Grandfathers grandson... what an honor. It was a surprise to go to your blog, and find Grandpa, Bryce and yourself jump out at me. I cried, but I loved it. Thank you for the tribute to a man we all loved. I love you Brian.
Hugs..........

Anonymous said...

good job Brian, I loved it.
Aunt Stella