Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tai Kwondo

Today we went to watch one of my teenagers in my youth group compete in her first Tai Kwondo Karate Tournament. Brittney Watson did a great job as she placed 1st in her Forms challenge which is when she just goes through the motions of Kicking and Punching and they score her on how crisp her moves are and how smooth she preforms with no errors. She then competed in full contact sparring winning her 1st match 7-o with some pretty deadly blows to her opponent with her feet. I was extremely impressed with her performance as she took 1st place in the fighting competition too. My wife and I also really enjoyed watching the older men compete in the fighting competition. There were many black belts at the tournament ranging from 1st degree black belt thru 6th degree black belts. We had a great time and look forward to watching another tournament again in the future. Good Luck Brittney as you compete in "STATE" in Mt Pleasant, MI.

No comments: