Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ARE THE CHICAGO CUBS FOR REAL THIS YEAR?


This post is for my close friend Jayme who is about one of the most loyal cubbies fans I know. So the question lies at stake: ARE THE CHICAGO CUBS FOR REAL THIS YEAR?

Here is the scoop they have a few new additions to the line up this year: Coach Lou Piniella (who has a great coaching history and is the real deal), Pitching Ted Lilley (Left handed pitcher who is my book is a good addition), and Alfonso Soriano (I actually hope this can be home for him because, he is one of the best lead off hitters in the League.)

So with all the talent and depth the Cubs have this year will Piniella coach them into the play-offs or even the World Series. I actually think this could be their year but, the team has to have a willingness and determination to WIN. They have to go out there day in and day out and play their (A) game like it's nobody else's business. Although I am not a true Chicago Cubs Fan if I have to pick a team out of the National League Chicago Cubs would be my first choice. So my best wishes to the Cubs and I hope you start the regular season right as you play April 2nd @ Cincinnati Reds. GO CUBBIES ! !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work, Coop. I hope the cubs have a good year because I can't take watching another year like the last one. Spring is one of my favorite times of year because everything starts out fresh. Grass grows, trees and flowers bud and the cubbies have a clean slate. It usually takes till June and the hopes and dreams of the cubs fans are done for the year- but I think this year will be different. If Mark Prior and Kerry Wood can stay healthy and the new additions pay off it will be a great year. If not, we'll wait til next year.