Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Brett Favre going for his 17th NFL Season ! ! !

Ok.............so life in the cheese-land can't be all that bad since Brett Favre decided to come back for his 17th season with the Green Bay Packers. Yes you read this right.... just when everybody thought that last year would and should have been the end of Brett Favre's career as one of NFL's best QB, he decided to return to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field.

Brett was quoted saying: "I am so excited about coming back," and "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year, and that's encouraging." Favre has started 257 consecutive games including the playoffs, an NFL record for quarterbacks. Favre broke Dan Marino's record for career completions (4,967) in 2006 and is closing in on Marino's marks for career touchdown passes (420) and yards passing (61,361).

My personal opinion is Brett should call it quits and retire. I think it is time for Green Bay to turn a new lease and put the pigskin in Aaron Rodgers hands. On the other hand I admire Brett for all he has done and I know he is capable of slinging that ball better than anybody. He has a tight spiral and a rifle shot when he pass the ball to his players.... Good Luck this next season to Brett Favre...... just go easy on my Detroit Lions ! ! !

1 comment:

ponygirl615 said...

I know at least 2 games that Green Bay will win...They play Detroit twice. I like Detroit but they rarely beat the Packers.