Saturday, February 17, 2007

Father/Son Sportsman Dinner !




Tonight I had the pleasure to hang out with my Dad and Brother Dallas at Northeastern Baptist Church 1st Annual Sportsman Dinner. The night started out with grabbing a glass of punch and checking out the different displays of Wild-life that have been caught and stuffed for show. I saw Bear, Wild Boar, Elk, Fish, Deer, and believe it a "antler Doe". Each table had pamphlets and pens and different type of information you could take home. Also there were samples of sausage, cheese, salmon, and jerky.

After checking out the displays and fellowshipping for a bit we were dismissed by tables to get our dinner from a buffet line. We had all different types of wild game dishes to choose from. Venison sloppy Joe's, Rabbit or Bear Stew, Goose, Duck, Fried Walleye, Duck, Pheasant, Caribou, Elk, Moose sausage, Northern Pike, Salmon and did I mention Bear ! !

After dinner Bill Jenkin III gave us a challenge from the Word of God using "REAL LIFE ADVENTURES." Bro. Jenkin was a very good speaker and could tell a good joke from time to time. I believe there was even one man that came forward for Salvation. "PRAISE GOD" After the speaker was done Pastor Coon drew names for door prizes... they had three different kind of prizes to choose from. Good = $25.00 and under gifts, Great = $25.00 - $100.00 gifts, and Excellent = $199.00 gifts. And would you know it my name was picked and I got to choose from the Excellent table and I won a new Rifle from Gander Mountain. I am still in shock because, I hardly ever win anything of great value!

Well overall I had a great time.... Food, Fellowship, Family, Friends, and great preaching what more could you ever ask for???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,
Congautulations on winning the
gun. I'm glad you had a good evening with your dad and brother.
Aunt Stella