Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"LOOK MOM"-- I ATE RICE ! ! !


Ok so the story must be told. When I was younger probably about 6 years old we were at my babysitters house after church for dinner. The menu served rice which was something I didn't want to eat. Well my dear babysitter told me I was going to try a bite and that was the end of discussion in so many words. Well I took my bite and low and behold I got sick.... meaning I tossed my cookies and let me tell ya....... it wasn't cookies that came out...LOL Well ever since that day I took on the saying that I was "Allergic" to rice. That was my polite way of saying I don't want to eat the little white stuff that looks like maggots.

Well last week at work our work ordered Hunan Gardens Chinese for lunch and I felt a weird feeling overcome me and I ordered rice. This was the first time in nearly 24 years that I actually ate rice. Believe it or not I actually liked the stuff. I liked it so much I pleaded with my wife to let us order from Great Wall Express which is right around the corner from our house and this time I didn't only like I really Loved it. Once again tonight we had Great Wall Express and the pictures above show me eating the stuff I am "Allergic" to and actually enjoying it. I can't believe the amount of food you get for what little price you pay! Let's just say I have overcome one of my most dislikes.

Tonight through my fortune cookie I learned how to say Soy Bean in Chinese (Dou-ya)

My Fortune was: Your heart will always make itself known through your words.
Lucky Numbers: 34,22,13,7,11,30

No comments: