Monday, March 26, 2007

A Weekend With Grandma




This past Friday my Mom took Bryce and myself on a overnight trip to Traverse City, MI. We had an absolute wonderful time. We started out by stopping at the Traverse Mall and Grandma bought Bryce a sharp Easter Outfit. Then we went to the Funeral Home to have some time with Uncle Bob's body and to give our sympathy to Frannie and Uncle Bob's Kids. Then we made our way to the Great Wolf Lodge. We all had a blast in the water park. Bryce even helped poppa convince Grandma to ride on the Howling Wolf water slide. After a few hours of the water park we made our way to Ponderosa for dinner. Then back to the hotel for a good nights sleep. When we woke up it was back to the water park for some Lazy River, and more Water slides. I could not believe how much Bryce enjoyed riding them big water slides. Again after a few hours we packed our bags and headed to Mabel's for some Breakfast/Lunch. We then made our way home by stopping to see Uncle David, Aunt Nancy, and Debbie. Then we stopped at Uncle David Goldsmith too to visit for a bit. We finally got back on the road and made it home about 3 hours later than anticipated. I know Bryce and I had a great time and want to thank Grandma for such a wonderful weekend. Bryce especially enjoyed the pizza party that he and grandma had at 7 am in the morning when they woke up. I enjoyed the trip in its entirety but, I would have to say just driving in the car with Mom and talking and looking at the beautiful land of Michigan was Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the three of you had bonding time. I am a little jealous
that you all got to say good bye to Uncle Bob, and I didn't, but he will live in my heart for ever.
The Lodge is great isn't it?
Can't wait till the sisters trip again....