Sunday, March 25, 2007

Robert J. "Bob" Dewitt


This past Friday Uncle Bob passed away and looked very peaceful as I had the opportunity to visit his body briefly at the Funeral Home before he was to be cremated. I know many people have their different views of Uncle Bob but, I will always remember him as a pleasant man and enjoyable to be around. My mother told me this past weekend that Uncle Bob was such a wonderful man and she enjoyed spending time with him. I don't recall the last date exactly I saw Uncle Bob but, I remember it was at Grandpa and Grandma's Farm and we were sitting in the Dining room sitting at the table. I remember Uncle Bob with his Dark Frame Glasses and talking and pointing with his hand and his one missing finger as he was so involved at telling is story. It was nice to meet his girlfriend Fran. I just had a short time to sit and talk with Fran but, you could tell that she cared and loved Uncle Bob whole-heartedly. You will forever be missed Uncle Bob. May you now Rest In Peace.


Robert J. "Bob" DeWitt
ROBERT "BOB" J. DeWITT, 83, of Traverse City, passed away Friday, March 23, 2007, at Grand Traverse Pavilions.

Per Bob's wishes, cremation has taken place and no services will be held at this time.

The family is being served by the Reynolds-Jonkhoff Funeral Home.


I found the above obituary at http://www.record-eagle.com and then went to the obituary section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Boy,
You never cease to amaze me.
Uncle Bob was truly a wonderful man, and he was so lucky to have found Frannie after Aunt Kay passed away. I will never forget the wonderful times I spent with Uncle Bob and Aunt Kay, in Taylor, and in Otsego. Then after Aunt Kay passed away, with Frannie and him in Elk Rapids, and then in Traverse City. He will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will for ever love him. Thanks again Brian.... Love you

Anonymous said...

Brian you did do a great job I tried to comment on your other two
stories but it wouldn't let me log on. I also will never forget
the many times we spent with Uncle Bob and Aunt Kay may they rest in peace.